Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Little Boy!

Well Jamie and I talked and talked about how Aiden would come into the world, but it definitely happened a little different then we imagined. On Friday March 27th I had a scheduled appointment with my doctor. Jamie didn't think that he could make it, but he made it home just in time to come with me. The doctor asked her routine questions, such as any leakage. I always thought this question was silly and embarrassing, but this time I said yes! I felt something at lunch, but it wasn't anything - I told her. She said probably not, but we'll check. So after she ran some tests, she came back into the room and told me that I was in labor and I would have the baby tonight or tomorrow! I had been telling everyone one at work that I was having a baby this weekend, but little did I know I really would. I was still confused....I asked if I could go home. She said no, they were taking me directly up to fifth floor. I couldn't wait and couldn't wait to finally meet Aiden, but all of a sudden I really wanted one more day to get ready.
So after a long day, Aiden was born on March 28, 2009 at 5:36 p.m. He weighed 7 pounds 14.5 ounces and was 20.5 inches long. We had to stay an extra day in the hospital because of the jaundice. Although I wanted to bring Aiden home right away, we felt so much better the next day after all the help we got for preparing to nurse Aiden.
Jamie and I are loving every minute of Aiden. I had fun dressing him up as a bunny for Easter. Jamie felt bad for him, but he was so cute.
My goal is to keep this blog up to date so you can check in and see how Aiden is growing. Some of my friends are also doing a blog for their children. It's so much fun to check in and see how their growing and changing.
We want to thank you all for your love and support and we hope you enjoy watching Aiden grow!

3 comments:

  1. So excited about your blog! We'll check often for new posts! What a handsome little man you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie - We got the announcement today! He's a cutie! I can't meet to meet him! (I think I might come down Sat afternoon - Sunday, but I haven't decided yet.)
    Take care!! I'll try and give you a call sometime this week/weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE theo pics of you & Aiden!!! I thought the one under the lightd with his shades was fun too! Give him a squeeze for me. If I don't get down there before I go back to work, maybe a Friday will work sometime!

    ReplyDelete